MILLINERY COURSE AT ISTITUTO DI MODA BURGO - BECOME A HAT AND ACCESSORIES MAKER FOR FASHION!
The meaning of the word “Millinery” comes from French language and it means fashion lover. The major talent of a hat maker is creating new trends, realizing accessories that range from simple headgear to real artistic creations, which complete the look of the customer.
The role of the milliner remains little known. It ranks among design and product and it is strategic for clothing and accessories companies. The milliner represents a rare figure and therefore very much in demand by the industries.
Istituto di Moda Burgo offers the Hat Making course in order to train professionals able to work independently and to satisfy the needs of the fashion world that’s in constant and fast changing.
The teaching method of Institute is based on individual character classes and permits:
• to focus the aspects in which the student is weak or has difficulties;
• a rapid progress on the points where you have most knowledge;
• to create a good relationship with the teacher.
This is possible because the Millinery course includes the presence of a maximum of 8 students per teacher. The program is essentially practical and it consists in workshops that aim to teach an ancient craft, made of tradition and innovation. The course focuses on the study of patterns and on the realization of various types of hats and accessories (headbands, facial tissues and combs for brides) identifying the right materials and the correct measurements. Once the basic tools are acquired, the student will proceed studying decoration techniques, such as making fabric flowers, dyeing and embroidery applications on the framework. The study of materials and technical terminologies are also provided to the student.
Here the course program:
• Millinery course presentation, the history and various trends over the decades in fashion and costumes
• The necessary tools used in millinery
• Head measurement technique
• Shaping of the felt technique
• Choice of the forms to be realize on a mold
• Finishing techniques with decorative elements of the hat
• Study of the various techniques processing for the realization of decorative elements.
• Realization of Bride and Haute Couture accessories
Come visit the Istituto di Moda Burgo and its art workshops!
Find the Millinery Course on the official website www.imb.it
Istituto di Moda Burgo
San Babila, 5 Milan
Tel. (+39) 02 78 37 53
Fax (+39) 02 78 37 58